Thursday, March 17, 2011

Strawberry Shortcake

Happy St.Patty's!!

I did it!!  I made my first dessert from scratch!! 

My sister, Anna, invited some friends over for dinner and of course I was in charged of the dessert.  I am NO baker (yet) but since school is starting soon, thought I would TRY.  

So I went with a basic and classic dessert...Old fashion Strawberry Shortcake.
Shortbread and whipped cream from scratch....unfortunately, I do not have my own strawberry patch. 


 
 I definitely think I can improve the aesthetic of this cake...but I will try again a bit later.


Also today, my boyfriend purchased me a kitchenaid!! I should receive it by middle of next week.  Building up my baking accessories/collection is so exciting.  I want everything! 

1 comment:

  1. Looks awesome Pix! Make sure to stop by "Pix Patisserie" if you go to Portland this weekend! =)

    -Karen

    ReplyDelete